If there is one aspect of a man’s body that grants him the super fit status, it is his chest! Nobody likes a flabby chest, least of all man boobs, which makes you reach for hideous clothes to hide them in.
If you are tired of all the snide comments and just don’t want to cringe at the sight of your chest in front of a mirror, then you have come to the right place! We will help you get rid of the excess chest fat with the help of the right exercises and other nutrition tricks. Perfect pecs are what dreams are made of for most guys, and here is a way to inch closer to your dreams.
Excess Chest Fat- How to Get Rid of Man Boobs?
It is not that one fine day you get up and notice man boobs on your body. Trust us, it takes years of poor nutritional choices and more poor exercise habits or the lack of exercise habits to do that.
It isn’t rocket science at all! The fat percentage of your body has risen alarmingly and it is now showing on your chest. Either that or you may be suffering from Gynecomastia. So, how are you going to know that you are suffering from gynecomastia? Or it is just excess fat, accumulated around your chest?
There are two ways of finding that out really; if the excess glandular tissue feels hard or firm to touch and not quite soft and jiggly, then perhaps you are suffering from Gynecomastia. Also, another point to note is if the nipple area appears puffy and you feel a hard lump, directly underneath them.
As gynecomastia is a condition caused by hormonal imbalance, it will affect you around certain ages like adolescence or when you hit 40. If you are suffering from a case of the condition, a consultation with your doctor should be your priority no. 1. If it is only a mild case, then a proper nutrition program coupled with an exercise regime can do the trick for you.
The Top 10 Exercises to Lose Man Boobs and Flaunt a Chiselled Chest
Now that you know why you have man boobs, you need to get down to business and get your body right on track. We know you think twice before you put on your muscle tees, become conscious when you are clicked and you want to change all that, right? After you have fixed your hormone profile, that is more testosterone and less estrogen and fixed your diet for good, here are the right exercises which will help you get the body you have always wanted.
When in doubt, do a BURPEE! It hits most of your muscles in your body. But what works here that it hits your pecs. Add the push-up to your burpee to make it a workout that counts! Start with a manageable number and do more when you have got the drift.
- Drop down to a squat and place your hands right on the floor before you, just outside of your feet.
- Jump both feet back with force to a plank position.
- Drop your shoulders to a push-up, don’t cheat on your push-up, make your chest touch the floor. Beginners can make it easy by dropping down to your knees, which makes the exercise marginally easier.
- Jump back again to plank position.
- Jump the feet back towards your hands.
- Jump into the air with your arms straight overhead.
Not too fond of boxing? Try shadow boxing, it is one of the best workouts for your upper body. Shadow boxing can incinerate the fat in your chest muscles. Even if you don’t have a punching bag, try to box in the air; imagine your enemy and punch hard. It is kinda fun, and the fact that it torches an insane number of calories makes it a must-include.
- Start shadow boxing for three minutes. Include basic punches, combinations, and footwork, whatever you want to include.
- Keep your heart rate up by including jumping jacks, squat thrusts or step on a step. Keep this break for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Repeat this procedure 3-to-5 times.
Increase the number of intervals as you gain strength and confidence both.
Your chest muscles, two dumbbells, and one bench are all you need to nail a dumbbell fly. It works on your pecs big time but also transforms the shape of your chest so that you can flaunt your in-shape chest with pride.
- Perform this movement on a flat bench. When you are right in the position, place your feet on the ground to balance yourself and also to avoid injury to your lower
- Grasp one dumbbell in each hand. Bring the dumbbells together and bring it directly above your chest. Keep your elbows slightly bent, and your palms should face each other.
- With care, lower the weights down to either side of your body. You will notice a stretch in the outer pectorals. While your palms are facing inward, maintain a slight bend in the elbows. Once your dumbbells are parallel with the bench, pause for a moment.
- Hold the posture for 1-2 seconds, then bring your arms back to the top follow the same arc.
Bench Press works on your pecs, deltoids, forearm muscles, hand muscles and also your abdominals. This workout can help build your strength for push-ups, improve your prowess at sports performance and shape your upper body like never before!
- Lie on the bench and keep your eyes right under the bar.
- Grab the bar and keep a width just outside shoulder width.
- Arch your back in a way that your lower back is completely off the bench. Your shoulder blades should be pulled together.
- Hold the bar tightly and pull it out of the rack
- Inhale deeply and lower the bar to your sternum, just below your pecs and tuck your elbows in at about 45 degrees to your sides.
- When the bar touches your body, press your feet hard into the floor and propel it back up.
Plyo Press- Ups
This is one of the best exercises to increase the upper body strength using body weight. The Press up may sound daunting at first, but it is by far the best exercise to work on your man boobs.
- Start with your palms on the ground. Keep your shoulders above your hands and your knees off of the floor.
- Keep your body in a straight line. Drop down onto the ground and keep your arms parallel to the ground.
- Tuck your elbows slightly.
- Ensure to keep your body tight through the whole movement.
- Push your body back up to the start position until your arms are aligned straight.
Medicine Ball Chest Pass
The medicine ball chest pass adds strength and explosive power to your chest, shoulders, and arms and improves muscular and cardiovascular endurance. Get somebody to throw the ball back at you or catch the ball on the rebound from the wall with the help of both your hands.
- Grasp a medicine ball and hold it both hands in front of the chest. Palms should face each other and thumbs must point toward your face.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and bend your knees slightly. Ensure that your weight is evenly distributed on your feet.
- Stand near a concrete wall at least 3 feet away.
- Begin the exercise by hitting against the wall as hard as you can with the ball, extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- Catch the ball off the wall on the rebound and bring back to chest and repeat.
The Landmine Press
The landmine press is a great exercise that can work wonders on your upper chest. The movement is a sure shot way to work on your delts. If you are wondering how it is done, we will show exactly how it is done to blast the fat on your chest. It mainly hits the upper pec region, so incorporate this into your man boob-fighting exercising regime.
- Stand before a loaded landmine.
- Grab the outside of the collar at the end of the bar with both of your hands, you can either do this with an alternated grip or with the help of both hands clasped together.
- Keep the end of the bar against your chest and maintain an upright posture with your core tightened.
- Press the bar up and away, all the while focusing on your pecs all throughout the entire movement.
- Get back to the start position under control and repeat again.
- Remember not to heave the weight up, because that will instead of working on your chest, work on your shoulders instead.
Alternating one-arm dumb-bell Flat Bench Press
This is another effective exercise that is a chest pounder in disguise. This is a unilateral movement which requires a strong core and good amount of shoulder stability.
Lifting one side at a time has its perks and it tops not only barbell presses but traditional dumbbell presses as well. Why is it so effective? This is mainly because the dumbbells are put into an instability position, this changing your gears will work your pecs work a great deal more to keep up.
- Lie down on a flat bench with the help of two dumbbells pressed right over your chest.
- Keep one side down lowered while the other stays in the up position.
- Complete one rep for one side and get back to the top position before trying the opposite dumbbell again, completing one rep.
- Keep alternating each side and use the top position as a pause while the other side is pressing. This is how you will go about things: Left arm – down, up, right arm – down up, and so on.
The Typewriter Push-up
The typewriter push-up may sound quite interesting, but is it challenging enough for you to blow away chest fat? Push-ups are never fun after your nth repetition. To challenge your body further, try a variety of push-ups, case in point this typewriter push-up. Learn how to do it right!
- Bring your body to one side, then move your body over to the other hand.
- Ensure that you keep your body just above floor level, pushing up.
- When you push down again, slide your body to the right and push up.
Time to make your chest look and feel unapologetically strong. This exercise works on your pecs strongly to destroy your moobs and flaunt a chiseled and toned avatar.
- Start in a high plank.
- Keep your elbows close to your rib cage and lower your body in a straight line toward the floor.
- Lift up your hands, then place them down. Re-engage your abs to push through palms back to the start position.
A few Tips to get your Moobs to Shrink to Hard Muscle
Though your exercise game could be strong, you may still be doing it all wrong because your diet may play spoil-sport. Fix it straight away, the following tips may help!
- Get rid of fat first- and for that, your diet should be nutritious, comprising of whole grains, good fats, protein and plenty of fruits and veggies. Check your diet, are you doing it right?
- Stop drinking-Alcohol is full of calories, so this is one of the first to go. Of course, having it in moderation is okay, but if you have an unwanted cleavage to get rid of, then skip the drinking altogether, at least till you reach your body goals. But binging is a complete no-no.
- Never underestimate the power of a bench press- If it is a flat chest you are aiming for, then you have to befriend the bench-press as heavy compound movements help bring back the hormonal imbalances back to favorable
Start the eliminate-moobs movement with a hard-to-beat determination and you will soon be able to make chiseled chest a reality. Hop on the nutrition and exercise bandwagon and you will be good to go!